Kraft or Musgrave

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave was the higher draft pick, had the better showing in training camp, and was the starter at the beginning of the season. Then he got hurt and Tucker Kraft had to step up, and boy did he ever. When both on the field in the playoffs, this offense became very effective.

Tucker Kraft
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Luke Musgrave

Similar stats and similar faces, although Musgrave has the better mustache. Who do you think will have the better sophomore season, or do you think they will compliment each other perfectly and have roughly the same stats again?

Discuss

Bingo_Arms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a full believer in your last statement and how they compliment each other. I really think they are two different types of tight ends. Kraft is a more physically imposing target and I see Musgrave as a guy that is faster and can stretch the field. I love both of these additions to the offence though and thought they both made a really positive impact regularly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar stats and similar faces, although Musgrave has the better mustache. Who do you think will have the better sophomore season, or do you think they will compliment each other perfectly and have roughly the same stats again?

Discuss

I would need for the discussion to know what exactly 'better' means for the discussion? I expect Musgrave to fully have more production in yards unless he misses significant time again...but I still don't see him ever developing into a true complete package like Kraft may - just isn't his skillset and physical make up. Kraft can become a guy like a baby Gronk style where Musgrave is more of a Jimmy Graham/Kelce type. Truthfully if they both keep excelling I will FIRMLY plant myself in the mindset of keeping both of them at the tough decision to let multiple young WRs go because both of them are going to cost similar to paying a WR1 type if anyone progresses towards that.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would need for the discussion to know what exactly 'better' means for the discussion? I expect Musgrave to fully have more production in yards unless he misses significant time again...but I still don't see him ever developing into a true complete package like Kraft may - just isn't his skillset and physical make up. Kraft can become a guy like a baby Gronk style where Musgrave is more of a Jimmy Graham/Kelce type. Truthfully if they both keep excelling I will FIRMLY plant myself in the mindset of keeping both of them at the tough decision to let multiple young WRs go because both of them are going to cost similar to paying a WR1 type if anyone progresses towards that.
I'm not saying either of them are in a class with Kelce or Gronk but it has been shown that teams can succeed when their best pass catcher is a TE. With both of them on the team I don't see either one of them approaching the productivity of a top TE in the league individually but I can very easily see the two of them together becoming the top TE tandem in the league if they aren't already. Especially when you consider both are very talented as opposed to a team that may have one uber talented individual and a second guy that is just OK. Many teams can't even claim one high level TE and I think we have two that, if either one is called upon due to injury to the other, could be a top 5 TE in the league.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying either of them are in a class with Kelce or Gronk but it has been shown that teams can succeed when their best pass catcher is a TE. With both of them on the team I don't see either one of them approaching the productivity of a top TE in the league individually but I can very easily see the two of them together becoming the top TE tandem in the league if they aren't already. Especially when you consider both are very talented as opposed to a team that may have one uber talented individual and a second guy that is just OK. Many teams can't even claim one high level TE and I think we have two that, if either one is called upon due to injury to the other, could be a top 5 TE in the league.

I'm not saying they are in that class, I'm just speaking to the type of TEs they may become. 100% agree, they could quickly be considered a Top 5 or 3 TE duo this year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are in that class, I'm just speaking to the type of TEs they may become. 100% agree, they could quickly be considered a Top 5 or 3 TE duo this year.
My reference to Kelce and Gronk was simply to show that the best pass catchers on a team aren't always WRs and to agree with you on possibly keeping them over one or two of the young WRs. We saw the dynamic between Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams being draft mates at the same position and it seemed to push both of them. It will be interesting to see if a similar dynamic evolves between Kraft and Musgrave. I don't think we really got a chance to see it last season because injuries limited the amount of playing time they had together.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really tough to say who will be better. I think Kraft runs better after the catch. But I do hope he limits his jumping over tacklers and runs through them instead. He does not really look like he falls like an acrobat. I think there will be times when they will be in there at the same time so am glad Kraft got a chance to show he can be relied upon. But out receivers are too good imho for us to see a whole lot of 2 TE sets. But it may make play action pretty good on shorter yardage.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just thankful we have both of these guys on the roster. We spent way too much time trying to make ourselves believe we had solid TEs, when we didn't.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a fantastic argument to be able to have after many years on trying to get just one. We had guys for short bits, like Finley, always teasing, and more recently Tonyan who left just as he maxed out.

I am thinking Musgrave will have bigger impact to the offense by stretching the field, but we will recognize Kraft more for his slightly better numbers.

If I had to chose one it would be Kraft because of more durability.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a hot take for our TE room - the guy I think that we come out of 2024 regular season saying progressed the most is going to be Ben Sims. Many forget he truly is a VERY athletic prospect coming out of Baylor and last year as need arose he quietly got better and better, especially in the backside blocking and hand placement throughout.

I think between Kraft and Musgrave we get close if not 1,000 yards receiving and 10 TDs from the duo.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a hot take for our TE room - the guy I think that we come out of 2024 regular season saying progressed the most is going to be Ben Sims. Many forget he truly is a VERY athletic prospect coming out of Baylor and last year as need arose he quietly got better and better, especially in the backside blocking and hand placement throughout.

I think between Kraft and Musgrave we get close if not 1,000 yards receiving and 10 TDs from the duo.
Sims was a pleasant surprise.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But out receivers are too good imho for us to see a whole lot of 2 TE sets.
I think that if I had my preference, I would go with 12 personnel instead of 11 personnel the majority of the time. That's assuming that all WRs and TEs are equal of course. It gives you more run/pass options and really keeps the defense off balance. Now if one of our WRs shows Allan Lazard's blocking skills, then I would run 11 personnel predominantly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that if I had my preference, I would go with 12 personnel instead of 11 personnel the majority of the time. That's assuming that all WRs and TEs are equal of course. It gives you more run/pass options and really keeps the defense off balance. Now if one of our WRs shows Allan Lazard's blocking skills, then I would run 11 personnel predominantly.

Malik Heath is IMO by far the best blocking WR we have. I concur on the 12 over 11

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musgrave the better receiver while Kraft the better blocker (but still an effective receiver). I think Kraft will probably have the better season because the thing Musgrave does best is something that a bunch of wide receivers on this team can also do; i.e., Musgrave won't receive enough targets to really distance himself in the receiving category.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going with Kraft as he's more versatile. Could see Kraft in for 1st & 2nd downs for the run/pass flexibility and Musgrave in for 3rd downs. Musgrave's stats may be slightly better, but Kraft offers more, imho. In '23 the offense started clicking when Kraft played more snaps (due to injury).

Members online

Latest posts