2024 Safety Free Agents...some I have noted or like...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It has been strangely quiet in Green Bay in regards to Free Agent signings.

I kind of expected Gute to make some bargain basement signings after the draft, to backfill the roster with some older talent. Is Gute staying pat at CB, DL and OL?

Maybe waiting for some of the FA asking prices to come down?

There are still some talented FA's out there, especially at CB. This was the most updated list I could find. I also like that it includes FA's that were signed and how their contracts, for each position.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been strangely quiet in Green Bay in regards to Free Agent signings.

I kind of expected Gute to make some bargain basement signings after the draft, to backfill the roster with some older talent. Is Gute staying pat at CB, DL and OL?

Maybe waiting for some of the FA asking prices to come down?

There are still some talented FA's out there, especially at CB. This was the most updated list I could find. I also like that it includes FA's that were signed and how their contracts, for each position.

If Stokes is even close to what they’re claiming and for whatever reason they actually think Nixon is a capable slot starter I don’t see us doing a CB signing unless injury hits.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that if we have money and space to sign a free agent; it might make more sense to wait later down the season to see if there is a position that got hit hard with an injury or just a position that we could really make an improvement at. That could include a trade where we still would need the space to do it.

Reaction score
I can actually say for once that I really don’t see a position with any substantial room to sign someone. At least without a little bit of overlap or forced feeling. I’m glad to be able to say we’re relatively set. I’m excited to see THIS group.
As @gopkrs said, I’d wait. The prices drop over time in general and we can afford to be patient.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can actually say for once that I really don’t see a position with any substantial room to sign someone. At least without a little bit of overlap or forced feeling. I’m glad to be able to say we’re relatively set. I’m excited to see THIS group.
As @gopkrs said, I’d wait. The prices drop over time in general and we can afford to be patient.

Same, and truthfully the spots I see the best possible Veteran presence is Edge or off ball LB that may be low snap count types.

Reaction score
Same, and truthfully the spots I see the best possible Veteran presence is Edge or off ball LB that may be low snap count types.
Sure. I agree we always want to be looking and possibly putting FA feelers out there though.
Never know when an injury happens etc. Not wanting that scenario but just thinking ahead and have a couple FA players at each position on the back burner radar just in case.

I’m sorta surprised that Ryan Tannehill isn’t a backup somewhere. In 2019 he led his team to the AFC Championship game and led the League in Passer rating. Then in 2020 was Comeback player of the year and a Probowl nod. Then wins Division titles in 2021,2022. Starts rough in 2023 before an ankle sprain. Comes back to beat the Jaguars in their final game throwing 2 TD’s and eliminates them from the Postseason.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. I agree we always want to be looking and possibly putting FA feelers out there though.
Never know when an injury happens etc. Not wanting that scenario but just thinking ahead and have a couple FA players at each position on the back burner radar just in case.

I’m sorta surprised that Ryan Tannehill isn’t a backup somewhere. In 2019 he led his team to the AFC Championship game and led the League in Passer rating. Then in 2020 was Comeback player of the year and a Probowl nod. Then wins Division titles in 2021,2022. Starts rough in 2023 before an ankle sprain. Comes back to beat the Jaguars in their final game throwing 2 TD’s and eliminates them from the Postseason.

I suspect Tannehill has had some discussions but his agent would be smart to wait and see if a contender loses their starter.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds about right. I suspect he’s still thinking he’s a Starter and doesn’t want be pinned to 1 team just yet

Nah knowing Tannehill he sure believes he can be a starter for a team in need, but he also knows his best bet is hang tight and wait. Ryan's quite a realistic guy in a world of unrealistic divas of the NFL.

Members online

Latest posts