Official studs and duds in Seattle 2018

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is why the hell do you punt it away? Pretty obvious we weren’t getting the ball back defense was gassed. It was highly successful I guess
As I have posted before. He played that down like he was ahead and he has no fear of losing his job

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

Checkdowns are holding us back?????3 yards checkdowns?

News flash...checkdowns exist for Alex Smith and other non-throwing QB s. People with talent at the position have real plays drawn up for them.
News flash, the patriots completed the biggest comeback in super bowl history doing nothing but checkdowns. And you think you know football LOL If it's 3rd and 5 and your most explosive player outside of Adams is sitting 5 yards down field with nobody around him, rather than hold it and get sacked, maybe throw him the ball and see what happens? a new set of downs probably nets him a TD. Instead it didn't

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
My question is why the hell do you punt it away? Pretty obvious we weren’t getting the ball back defense was gassed. It was highly successful I guess
There is absolutely no defense for that. None. Zero. And there is absolutely zero excuse not to challenge an absolute OBVIOUS incomplete pass WHEN THERE WAS AN INJURY TIMEOUT!

I don’t care if you have 1 timeout or 21 timeouts. That was an absolute no brainer. Perhaps that’s more an indictment of the upstairs review crew? I don’t know.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not calling for replay on the non catch was bad. But then that's the guys upstairs again. Time to replace them unless he decided the timeout was more important. Maybe it was, as our Defense didn't stop them once at the end.
there was no defense left.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

News flash...checkdowns exist for Alex Smith and other non-throwing QB s. People with talent at the position have real plays drawn up for them.
I'd rather do a quick checkdown and get a first down and extend the play, rather than failing on the big home run plays. It's called picking your spots. I like Rodgers as much as the next guy and I will defend him when I don't believe he is to blame, but there were several times he missed open receivers for the big play and well as not dump it off when Seattle went to blitz him. Rodgers was a MASTER at handling blitzes. Teams feared to blitz him because of how quick and lethal he was. Same for Brady in this case, but both QBs are struggling with the blitz this year for some reason.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The check down requires pass protection to get through your reads people. Rodgers didn't have that luxury.

When you require 4-5 seconds to go through those reads, no, you're not going to have that luxury. Pass protection rarely holds up that long.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put it on another thread, but I'll say it here too. I think we saw why Rodgers is not trusting the timing throws as much either this year with 2 rookies out there. early in the game was an easy 1st down to St. Brown who ran thru the zone rather than sit in the opening for an easy pitch and catch. lucky there wasn't a safety coming in behind or that could have been picked. But i'm still not excusing him this game. Stats looked great, but he was not.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The blame isn't solely on him, but Rodgers played a big role in blowing this game. His stats will look good, but his constant refusal to get rid of the ball on third down and his extremely poor final drive were critical to this loss.
I here but that but he ignored so many easy checkdown passes to Jones tonight that would have been easy 1st downs
I've been thinking this for awhile, and I'll probably get hate for it, but I've been thinking that Rodgers is overrated. I mean he's obviously a great quarterback, and can do some amazing things. But from the standpoint that a lot of people claim that he is the GOAT, he's being overrated in that sense. How can you be the GOAT when you aren't making the right decisions?

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

Check downs are a huge part of the game. We cant just pick the hail Mary play call from madden every time. Those check downs keep the defense honest and open up other plays down the road.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News flash, the patriots completed the biggest comeback in super bowl history doing nothing but checkdowns. And you think you know football LOL If it's 3rd and 5 and your most explosive player outside of Adams is sitting 5 yards down field with nobody around him, rather than hold it and get sacked, maybe throw him the ball and see what happens? a new set of downs probably nets him a TD. Instead it didn't
But.... he had like 1 seconds to read the field. He took 5 sacks with the majority coming in 3rd down collapses right after the snap

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were gassed. And McCarthy chose to put them back on the field as opposed to giving his offense a chance to get 2 yards.

What a joke.
agreed but what I meant was literal. Both Clark and Daniels were hurt.... and i lost track of which D backs were left.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather do a quick checkdown and get a first down and extend the play, rather than failing on the big home run plays. It's called picking your spots. I like Rodgers as much as the next guy and I will defend him when I don't believe he is to blame, but there were several times he missed open receivers for the big play and well as not dump it off when Seattle went to blitz him. Rodgers was a MASTER at handling blitzes. Teams feared to blitz him because of how quick and lethal he was. Same for Brady in this case, but both QBs are struggling with the blitz this year for some reason.

Both Brady and Rodgers are working with new WR's and TE's without much success at times. The rookie WR's are sitting when they should continue running the route and continue running when they should sit in zone coverage. Just needs time to get on same page as Rodgers and the "O". Rodgers played well for most of the game, but when it mattered most he struggled. That last pass was something we haven't seen very often in his time starting.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious.

tell that to Tom Brady.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But.... he had like 1 seconds to read the field. He took 5 sacks with the majority coming in 3rd down collapses right after the snap
It wasn't that bad, and on that last drive he threw it in the dirt rather than for the 1st down right there. the drive before he had Jones right in front of him with nobody around. Rather than let him hav ea 5 yard headstart and make someone miss, he decided to hold it and get sacked. He was not good tonight, especially on 3rd down. You know they're coming. Holding it worked once. and got him sacked how many times?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What bothers me so much is Jones is the perfect back to checkdown to because he is so explosive. He can and will turn what looks like a 3yd gain into a big play.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just like what happened to us back in 2014. We played well at the beginning, but we trip on our faces and give them the freaking game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It wasn't that bad, and on that last drive he threw it in the dirt rather than for the 1st down right there. the drive before he had Jones right in front of him with nobody around. Rather than let him hav ea 5 yard headstart and make someone miss, he decided to hold it and get sacked. He was not good tonight, especially on 3rd down. You know they're coming. Holding it worked once. and got him sacked how many times?
Rodgers screwed up the last throw on offense. No question. I still maintain though that he got blindsided before he got to the checkdown. That’s how the play was designed. The check down wasn’t the first part of his progression.

If you want to argue he should have checked into something else, then whatever. But that’s the play that was called.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame Rodgers being out of control on mm as well. Your the head coach act like it. Then again MM also thinks he is out smarting the defense by calling go routes on third and short.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Fackrell
Jones
Adams

Duds:
Coaching
The secondary
Rodgers
The refs

Last year we learned the team was terrible without Rodgers. This year we’ve learned they are mediocre at best with Rodgers. Common thread: the coaching has been poor.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least our backup edge rushers in Fackrell and Gilbert have improved significantly... especially Fackrell.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Duds are tramon and Josh Jackson. Both look like they are running in slow motion

Jackson will be a quality safety someday, somewhere. With King's injury history, we may be forced to draft another corner this year, after we get an OLB and OT. We could also use a psychiatrist because Rodgers has become a head case.

Members online

Latest posts