Free Agency Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopgap TE until Hockenson is ready. Don't blame him for gettimg himself another contract. His dad gave him BAD advice when GB attempted to extend him, shortly before his knee injury. Lost many $mil by not taking the extension.
Apparently, the Bears did not want him.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopgap TE until Hockenson is ready. Don't blame him for getting himself another contract. His dad gave him BAD advice when GB attempted to extend him, shortly before his knee injury. Lost many $mil by not taking the extension.
His dad? What was the deal there? I don't recall hearing anything about that, and couldn't find anything on Google.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think he’d be an awesome trio with the two we have, but alas that ship sailed a while ago lol

Reaction score
I will always respect what Tonyan did for us in GB let me say that first and foremost.

Big Bob was never was able to regain 2020 form after a tough injury and for that I’m sorry for him i still wish him the best.

786 yards 4 TD’s across 3 NFL seasons. Thats what we’re talking about here after his 1 really good 2020 season. I’m not trying to be mean (sometimes stating truth sounds condemning when it’s not intended that way) but i like to think objectively. If someone arbitrarily told me we’d have a TE that put up that across the last 3 consecutive seasons and asked me my generic eval to value? id be somewhat discouraged. He’d better be a top 10 overall blocker at TE leaguewide or he’d be gone (or playing ST). Seems like a nice guy so nothing personal, but Gets way too much attention to results just my opinion. Much of his interviews were exposure from being friends with #12. Bobby needs to blow it up this season or he’ll be a fading memory inside 2 years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
On a positive note (I apologize I’m more critical when jacked on coffee!) I love each of you on this blessed day of Pentecost celebration. You are each a portion of my life and not by chance. God is wonderful and has exceedingly placed the very best people in my path.

Josh Jacobs is a beast. At first I thought he might be a very slight downgrade from #33? NOT!
I obviusly know he’s good but he’s really really dynamic. AT #12 in NFL’s BEST 100 players entering 2023.
Josh Jacobs ranked 1 spot (#12) ahead of Davante Adams (#13)!!
After watching his film and multiple interviews recently. That guy is a Bonafide Day 1 RB! He spoke to the fact that he loves Jordan Love and #10 is a BIG part of why he left LV. Highly regarded as the #3 producing RB in Raiders history (and counting). The Raiders fans are still hoping to get his leftovers when we’re done with him so he can move up their franchise record board. That tells you how impactful he’s been to the Raiders fan base.
Jacobs is currently ranked as the #4 most impactful offensive weapon coming out of the 2023 season (RB/TE/WR).
#1 Justin Jefferson
#2 Travis Kelce
#3 Tyreek Hill
#4 Josh Jacobs
#5 Davante Adams

I miss #33 he’s so much fun but we’re in for a real treat in GB

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will always respect what Tonyan did for us in GB let me say that first and foremost.

Big Bob was never was able to regain 2020 form after a tough injury and for that I’m sorry for him i still wish him the best.

786 yards 4 TD’s across 3 NFL seasons. Thats what we’re talking about here after his 1 really good 2020 season. I’m not trying to be mean (sometimes stating truth sounds condemning when it’s not intended that way) but i like to think objectively. If someone arbitrarily told me we’d have a TE that put up that across the last 3 consecutive seasons and asked me my generic eval to value? id be somewhat discouraged. He’d better be a top 10 overall blocker at TE leaguewide or he’d be gone (or playing ST). Seems like a nice guy so nothing personal, but Gets way too much attention to results just my opinion. Much of his interviews were exposure from being friends with #12. Bobby needs to blow it up this season or he’ll be a fading memory inside 2 years.
Agree. I am really glad that Gute opted to not lock Tonyan up with a big contract. BT's 2020 was quite a year for him, but I think it was a fluke that was fueled by a few things. First, Aaron Rodgers was the QB. Second, besides Davante Adams, Rodgers most reliable and trusted target became Tonyan. Tying in all that, the receiving room was rather pathetic and BT prospered from it. At best he is a 3rd TE. Would he have fit with the Packers again? Maybe, but I like Musgrave and Kraft, BT wouldn't have gotten much playing time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a positive note (I apologize I’m more critical when jacked on coffee!) I love each of you on this blessed day of Pentecost celebration. You are each a portion of my life and not by chance. God is wonderful and has exceedingly placed the very best people in my path.

Josh Jacobs is a beast. At first I thought he might be a very slight downgrade from #33? NOT!
I obviusly know he’s good but he’s really really dynamic. AT #12 in NFL’s BEST 100 players in 2023.
Josh Jacobs ranks 1 spot (#12) ahead of Davante Adams (#13)!!
After watching his film and multiple interviews recently. That guy is a Bonafide Day 1 RB! He loves Jordan Love and #10 is a BIG part of why he left LV. Highly regarded as the #3 producing RB in Raiders history (and counting). The Raiders fans are still hoping to get his leftovers when we’re done with him. That tells you how impactful he’s been imo.
Jacobs is ranked as the #4 most impactful offensive weapon (RB/TE/WR).
#1 Justin Jefferson
#2 Travis Kelce
#3 Tyreek Hill
#4 Josh Jacobs

I've been following Jacobs ever since I missed out on drafting him for my fantasy team when he was a rookie. From a production standpoint I never thought he would be a downgrade from Jones. Jones was a great player for us and an incredible person but I've always felt Jacobs was at the very least his equal on the field. I didn't know much about Jacob's off the field or locker room reputation so thats where I thought we might miss Jones but at the same time I had never heard anything bad about Jacobs so I figured that was a good sign and not being a Raiders fan I was not surprised that I hadn't heard anything about him as a team mate or team player.

Without a doubt we had a good thing going with Jones and unfortunately I will still have to root for him because he is on my fantasy team but I agree we could see something even more special with Jacobs.

Jontycaster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I obviusly know he’s good but he’s really really dynamic. AT #12 in NFL’s BEST 100 players in 2023.
Josh Jacobs ranks 1 spot (#12) ahead of Davante Adams (#13)!!
After watching his film and multiple interviews recently. That guy is a Bonafide Day 1 RB! He loves Jordan Love and #10 is a BIG part of why he left LV. Highly regarded as the #3 producing RB in Raiders history (and counting). The Raiders fans are still hoping to get his leftovers when we’re done with him. That tells you how impactful he’s been imo.
Jacobs is ranked as the #4 most impactful offensive weapon (RB/TE/WR).
#1 Justin Jefferson
#2 Travis Kelce
#3 Tyreek Hill
#4 Josh Jacobs

Alabama fan/alumnus here. I watched Jacobs at Bama for three years, and folks, he is the real deal. Smart player and he gives 100% on every play. I will miss #33, too, especially since he will be wearing purple and playing with a huge chip on his shoulder when he plays the Packers, but I can't tell you how excited I am to see Josh Jacobs in green and gold.

Reaction score
Alabama fan/alumnus here. I watched Jacobs at Bama for three years, and folks, he is the real deal. Smart player and he gives 100% on every play. I will miss #33, too, especially since he will be wearing purple and playing with a huge chip on his shoulder when he plays the Packers, but I can't tell you how excited I am to see Josh Jacobs in green and gold.
Good to know. I guess I had an emotional attachment factoring there to Aaron Jones when he first left. He’s one if the highest graded Packers on and off the field and he’s the epitome of a consummate professional away from the team and a stellar teammate from all accounts I’ve seen. Maybe as a fan. I sorta wanted him to reap the benefits of us going to a SB.

These things said I understand this is a business and we’re either getting better or getting worse. That includes a players “value ratio” both now and over 2-3 projected years. They might have just seen the age and injury bug bites and it scared us a little.

I will always be a fan of #33 (unless he’s playing us) he was an A+ selection. Taking a pay cut was just another example of how much he loved being a Packer. Like Jordy or JJ, these guys will always be Packers in my mind.

I’m pumped to have our AL star. Having Marshawn Lloyd and AJ Dillon could very well give us an elite RB trio depending on Lloyd’s adaptation to the NFL. Dillon might not have lived up to 2nd Rd status, but he’s at worst a viable RB2 and a seasoned veteran in this playbook. + Receiver + Blocker. This is the most excited I’ve been since Starks and Lacy duo and Ahman Green before that.

Last edited:

Jontycaster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I had an emotional attachment factoring there to Aaron Jones when he first left. He’s one if the highest graded Packers on and off the field and he’s the epitome of a consummate professional away from the team and a stellar teammate from all accounts I’ve seen. Maybe as a fan. I sorta wanted him to reap the benefits of us going to a SB.
I don’t disagree at all. A couple of months ago I would have said that Aaron Jones was my favorite Packer.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know. I guess I had an emotional attachment factoring there to Aaron Jones when he first left. He’s one if the highest graded Packers on and off the field and he’s the epitome of a consummate professional away from the team and a stellar teammate from all accounts I’ve seen. Maybe as a fan. I sorta wanted him to reap the benefits of us going to a SB.

These things said I understand this is a business and we’re either getting better or getting worse. That includes a players “value ratio” both now and over 2-3 projected years. They might have just seen the age and injury bug bites and it scared us a little.

I will always be a fan of #33 (unless he’s playing us) he was an A+ selection. Taking a pay cut was just another example of how much he loved being a Packer. Like Jordy or JJ, these guys will always be Packers in my mind.

I’m pumped to have our AL star. Having Marshawn Lloyd and AJ Dillon could very well give us an elite RB trio depending on Lloyd’s adaptation to the NFL. Dillon might not have lived up to 2nd Rd status, but he’s at worst a viable RB2 and a seasoned veteran in this playbook. + Receiver + Blocker. This is the most excited I’ve been since Starks and Lacy duo and Ahman Green before that.
Remember the last Alabama RB we had. Hope the result is a little better.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't know much about Jacob's off the field or locker room reputation so thats where I thought we might miss Jones but at the same time I had never heard anything bad about Jacobs so I figured that was a good sign and not being a Raiders fan I was not surprised that I hadn't heard anything about him as a team mate or team player.
Kind of a mixed bag, apparently. On the one hand, right after the signing there were some Vegas media-guys on a Packer podcast, raving about what a total team player he was, loyal to the team and loved the fans, big fan favorite, popular in the locker room and a leader, etc. One of them said that after their final game in January, Jacobs made it a point to work his way through the room personally saying goodbye to every reporter with whom he'd had a good relationship - telling each of them that there was no way to predict which way things would go, but just in case he wasn't back, he wanted to personally tell them that he'd respected them, appreciated their professionalism and sincerity, and wished them well. Which was pretty classy, and none of them had ever seen anyone make that effort before. Something even Aaron Jones probably wouldn't do.

On the other hand, he got into quite a pissing match a couple of weeks back with Raider fans on social media. Apparently, when he left Vegas, he never formally said goodbye and thanks for the memories - which has become pretty much the norm these days. Some fans kind of called him out for that, and he got right down into the mud with them.... said he wasn't going to issue any "fake *** goodbye"; he and the team had each simply made a business decision, and it was time for everyone to just move on.

Some of the fans got right in his grille (respectfully, though) and said it was just surprising that a guy who'd been a fan favorite for 5 years and had a Raider tattoo wouldn't at least want to say goodbye - that the fans had loved him, and had all wished him well and were disappointed they couldn't keep him.

To which he replied, "Y'all didn't want me there anyway".

So I don't know what to make of that. Needless to say, that's another thing Aaron Jones would probably never do.

Hard to say which Josh Jacobs we're going to see.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of a mixed bag, apparently. On the one hand, right after the signing there were some Vegas media-guys on a Packer podcast, raving about what a total team player he was, loyal to the team and loved the fans, big fan favorite, popular in the locker room and a leader, etc. One of them said that after their final game in January, Jacobs made it a point to work his way through the room personally saying goodbye to every reporter with whom he'd had a good relationship - telling each of them that there was no way to predict which way things would go, but just in case he wasn't back, he wanted to personally tell them that he'd respected them, appreciated their professionalism and sincerity, and wished them well. Which was pretty classy, and none of them had ever seen anyone make that effort before. Something even Aaron Jones probably wouldn't do.

On the other hand, he got into quite a pissing match a couple of weeks back with Raider fans on social media. Apparently, when he left Vegas, he never formally said goodbye and thanks for the memories - which has become pretty much the norm these days. Some fans kind of called him out for that, and he got right down into the mud with them.... said he wasn't going to issue any "fake *** goodbye"; he and the team had each simply made a business decision, and it was time for everyone to just move on.

Some of the fans got right in his grille (respectfully, though) and said it was just surprising that a guy who'd been a fan favorite for 5 years and had a Raider tattoo wouldn't at least want to say goodbye - that the fans had loved him, and had all wished him well and were disappointed they couldn't keep him.

So I don't know what to make of that. Needless to say, that's another thing Aaron Jones would probably never do.

I think a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised as to what Josh brings to the table both on and off the field, in Green Bay and the surrounding area. Everyone is going to find that he's the right person to fit into the bikes and kids at training camp program. It's kind of who, and what he is. He's going to be more active in the community than most players.

He's right about the game actually being a business. If fans are so selfish that they would deny a player the right to move on and gain security for their family, it's on them, not the player. Raiders fans should have wished him well, and hoped he did well in Green Bay, not turn on him like a mob of idiots.

People will do what they will. I've watched Packer fans tear players up over the internet when they leave, not having one iota of concern for the person themselves. That's not being a fan. That's being any angry and uncontrolled idiot.

But, that's just my opinion.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hadn't heard about that. Doesn't really bother me though. Yes its become the norm but as a fan I wouldn't expect it. Has every Packer player who left after several years done this. As far as the "respectfully though". I don't know if I believe that. Respectfully would have been to let it go. Yeah it probably would have been better had he let it go but then he gets knocked for ignoring the fans who can be rather unreasonable at times.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. He blows Lacy away
I will say that Lacy had his best game in Dallas in 2013 with Flynn at QB. Of course he was up against a putrid Dallas defense that blew a 26-3 lead in the second half with NO Rodgers to face.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even close to how I see it.

If Dillard is playing...

#1 - Our OL room suffers not one, not two but likely minimum three injuries to the room.
#2 - Dillard meets his physical make up and it comes together providing a sufficient Tackle or RG starter.
Trying to understand #1. So if Dillard plays, it will mean the OL has suffered up to 3 injuries?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stopgap TE until Hockenson is ready. Don't blame him for gettimg himself another contract. His dad gave him BAD advice when GB attempted to extend him, shortly before his knee injury. Lost many $mil by not taking the extension.
Thanks, I didn't know that. So had he taken the extension, it would have provided financial stability in the case of injury? That's a bit redundant, he did get injured.

I'm not that familiar with his situation. So he passed on an extension hoping to get a bigger deal in FA?

Members online

Latest posts